Monday, January 25, 2016

Updates, Awards, and a Release Date

I feel like life has been crazy for the last half a year. I’ve probably used the word “crazy” in my last several blog posts and emails. However, finally, I feel like that craziness might be calming down some now, at least for a few weeks. One of the biggest things to thank is that I FINALLY finished editing Samara’s Peril!! *happy dance* I sent it off to my beta readers on Saturday. One of them already finished it. :) Now we’re laughing over how both of us (she’s an author too) always torture our main characters. Or maybe we shouldn’t be laughing… *shrugs*

Anyway, now that SP is out of my hands, I have a whole glorious month where I don’t have to think about it. I REALLY need that break. Now I can actually do some writing. I’m working on a short story that takes place after book five of Ilyon Chronicles. One of my characters went and fell in love without my permission. Now I have to tell their story. So book six is temporarily on hold while I get this story finished. I love it though. The couple is absolutely adorable. ^_^

Oh yeah, I mentioned a release date in the post title. Now that SP is well on it’s way to publication, I can finally set a release date! I have decided that Samara’s Peril will be officially published on May 13th!

ComingSoonSP
It’s a Friday instead of a Tuesday this time. I figured all you awesome readers would appreciate having the weekend to read it. ;) It’s a bit later than I was hoping to publish it, but that’s how life goes. I probably could have published it in April, but I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to get things all perfectly set up. April will be slightly busy anyway. My cousin, who’s like the sister I never had, is getting married!! So I’ll be away for a couple of days for that. :)

And now for the awards part. I’m a bit behind in sharing this news (you know, all that craziness), but Resistance has won the Illumination Awards Enduring Light gold medal for Christian Ficiton! I still squeal with excitement when I think about it. Especially since it’s the Christian Fiction category, not just fantasy. Also, fellow author Nadine Brandes won the gold in YA fiction! Yay for Christian fantasy doing so well!!
illumination-gold
And this is even older, though I just found out recently, but The King’s Scrolls won best book in the 2015 Blogger Book Awards hosted by Allison at The Art of Storytelling. I am so honored! *gives a big virtual hug to everyone who nominated TKS*
Blogger Award Framed, by Hannah Williams
So there’s all the latest in my author life! I’m also working on a little project that I’m hoping to share sometime later this week, so stay tuned. I just have to iron out the last few wrinkles and get it spiffed up and ready to go. ;)

12 comments:

  1. YAY! Samara's Peril will be published just a few weeks before my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many awards! Ilyon totally deserves it. And in May, I can finally hold Samara's Peril in my hands! I can't wait until I can put all the books on my shelf. It's right before I'm planning to release my next book too. Exciting week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I can NOT wait! That's the day before I graduate from high school. And just before Espionage comes out. This is going to be an awesome summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, congratulations on the awards. Second off . . . RELEASE DATE! YES! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many reasons to squeal with utter excitement!!! Congrats on it all!!! I cannot wait to read SP!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on so much exciting news, Jaye! Can't wait to read SP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so much exciting news! You have no idea how happy it makes me that Samara's Peril has a release date now, I'm so excited for that book!
    Congratulations on the awards you won, your books definitely deserve it :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!! OH MY GOSH I'M BURSTING WITH EXCITEDNESS!! (Yes, that's now a word.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait till it releases, so i can read it! My sister is over here dying while she reads Samara's Peril, and i'm about dead waiting. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the awards! So deserving!

    Ah, yes...characters and torture... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to reading it!! :)

    ReplyDelete