Today I have the pleasure of being part of the blog tour for my friend and fellow author Sarah Holman's new book, A Different Kind of Courage! I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it's definitely on my reading list. I just love anything colonial. As part of the tour, I have Sarah here for a fun interview! During the tour, you can get the Kindle copy of A Different Kind of Courage on sale for $3.99! Sarah is also giving away 3 ebook copies, so don't forget to enter the giveaway at the end of the post! You can see the rest of the stops on the tour on Sarah's blog. And now for the interview.
1. What inspired you to write A Different Kind of Courage?
2. Which of your characters would you most love to spend the day with?
3. Creating and working with characters is my favorite part of writing. What is yours?
4. I love it when I can find just the right “casting” choice for my characters because it helps clarify them in my mind. Do you have any casting choices for your characters? If so, who are some of the main ones?
In A Different Kind of Courage, I had a huge list of casting choices, especially on the historical characters side. There were so many amazing men and women I wanted to include in the story, but space would not allow me to include all of them. It was hard to pick, but it is a wonderful feeling when you know you have the right ones.
5. For me, actually getting my stories written is the hardest part of writing. Planning, rewriting, and editing are much easier. What is your least favorite or hardest part of the writing process?
6. Can you tell us a little about your current work in progress or what’s next for your writing and publishing plans?
9. What are three random facts about you that most people probably wouldn’t know?
My room is normally messy, but my work space must always be clean
I have very strong and unusual ideas about the Civil War (at least I have been told they are unusual), and I love discussing it with people.
10. And finally, what advice would you give other authors seeking to publish?
Sarah Holman is a not so typical mid-twenties girl: A homeschool graduate, sister to six awesome siblings, and author of five published books and counting. If there is anything adventuresome about her life, it is because she serves a God with a destiny bigger than anything she could have imagined.
Social Media Links